Breeding Problems & Solutions

A beautiful bird with beautiful song.
jeffreylow
Wise Owl

Postby jeffreylow » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:05 am

irwan69mse wrote:Thank you all for the contributions. It lifted my spirit to continue with the my breeding programme.

Irwan.

Irwan,

Please continue with your effort. I am sure your success in the near future as well as that of Ghozze will be very rewarding to David. Lets try to make his efforts here worthwhile.

Regards
Jeffrey.

David de Souza
Species Expert - Shama
Species Expert - Shama

Postby David de Souza » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:00 am

The article on the pre-breeding diet for birds that Jeffrey Low referred us to reminded me that I had omitted to mention this important point in my summary of the factors that need to be attended to if breeding is to be successful. I have accordingly amended the summary to include this point. Thanks Jeff.

timothy
Hatchling

Outdoor aviary

Postby timothy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:48 am

Dear all,

I am Timothy and live and work in Batam. Just for your information in Batam we also have birds competition for shama and other birds that regularly held.

I just registered to this forum, and nice to read and learn about shama from what have been posted here, specially from Mr. David which contributes many aspects of shama.

I have build my outdoor aviary few months ago, but so far I never put my birds stay overnight there, since I am thingking the birds will suffer with mosquito bites, and feel cold, since normally all my birds is put in the room and the cage is coverred with cloths, am I too worry in this case.

And for outdoor aviary and for breeding purpose, do I need to cover with something to avoid mosquito or just let it be?. Actuallly I want to post the pic of my aviary to get some comment from the forum, but perhaps I do it later after I know how to post it.

Thanks and regards,
Timothy

Md_Taufik_Rohim

Postby Md_Taufik_Rohim » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:49 am

Hi brother Timo,

Welcome to the forum. i'll not give suggestions for your outdoor aviaries bcoz there are better people here and more experience guyz here will help you out soon. regarding posting up pictures i'll help you if not brother Tanin the Chief moderator will do it for you. firstly go to www.photobucket.com upload all your pictures. read the instructions in the website, very quick at easy to follow ok. if not you email me all you pictures i'll do it for you. my email is marpolannex2@hotmail.com

If possible take some pictures of your friends songbirds and the competitions held in Batam. thanx bro.

Taufik.
"Bury me where the birds will sing over my grave"

Md_Taufik_Rohim

Postby Md_Taufik_Rohim » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:42 am

Hi brother Timo...i've post up one thread especially for you. if you wanted to add more pictures to you thread just let me know i'm happy to help you out. keep in touch.

Taufik.
"Bury me where the birds will sing over my grave"

Eagle
Flying Bird

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:10 am

Will shamas breed during moulting?

Return to “Shama - White-rumped Shama”