Vitamin supplement to shama

A beautiful bird with beautiful song.
duongtm
Hatchling

Vitamin supplement to shama

Postby duongtm » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:19 am

Can anybody advise which kind of natural food contain rich of which vitamin for our shama, ie. this one has rich of vitamin B1...

Thank you

TRW7
Wise Owl

Re: Vitamin supplement to shama

Postby TRW7 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi,
Where r u based?

Thx.

Era
EACH DAY IS GIFT FROM GOD!!!

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley

duongtm
Hatchling

Postby duongtm » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 am

Sorry to post a late reply :)

I am in Vietnam, normally we feed with tailor dry food and super-worm, but I just wonder how to supplement further vitamin.

Since I am preparing for breeding this season, your all support would much help :)

Thank you

TRW7
Wise Owl

Postby TRW7 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi,
All breeding birds need lots of live insects, if u can provide them sufficiently, you shd be OK.

I'm attaching, a document for you & feed/breed mainly , lots of these :-

1. pinhead crickets - Calcium
2. Fruit Fly worms
3. Grasshoppers
4. Tiny fishes
5. Tiny frogs or tadpoles.
6. Lots of fruits esp bananas ( the Thai version)

Only during breeding seasons, Shamas eat the above almost exclusively -

Remember to keep the aviary clean and also secure all areas including the bottom with 1cm by 1cm wire mesh ( stainless steel if possible ) this is to prevent rats & mice. Keep safe from ants as well bec of the live feed u have, snakes.

Dig a trench around the aviary and put sulphur to prevent snakes and other creepy crawlies BUT make sure the rain or when u wash the aviary, the sulphur does not get into the aviary - slope the water flow away from the aviary.

Also ensure that the MJs have plenty of morning sunshine yet when they have enough they can fly to the shade which protects them from the sun & the rain.

Once u have babies, after the weaning by the parents - raise them in a large aviary ( with potted or planted shrubs, small trees etc ) and keep them as wild as possible until their 1st molt - this is develop their survival & territorial instinct as well as build their flight muscles & overall fitness.

As to what to feed them from babies to 1st molt onwards - u can PM ROADFAI - he's nearer to you than me and u can also visit him. In fact, u can also ask him more details abt breeding and what to feed - he's more knowledgeable than me as ppl in Thailand are one of the best breeders of almost ANYTHING....seriously...

Thx and take care.

era

Hope this helps.

PS: VIT B ALONE DOESN'T CUT IT ESP HUMAN DOSAGES.
Attachments
Insect Nutrional Analysis.pdf
(88.22 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley

duongtm
Hatchling

Postby duongtm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:27 am

Great help friend :tq: :tq :tq:

TRW7
Wise Owl

Postby TRW7 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:15 pm

jhonjame wrote:I am in Vietnam, normally we feed with tailor dry food and super-worm, but I just wonder how to supplement further vitamin.

..................................................................................
jamejhon

Hi fren,

In addition to all that I have replied to DuongTm, see my FaceBook on " AVIAN NUTRITION".

Also visit, www.birdcareco.com for more info.

I represent BirdCare & Claus products in Singapore - PM me if u are keen to purchase.

See also my YOUTUBE videos of my birds under TRW7.

Hope this helps.

Era

Return to “Shama - White-rumped Shama”