Shamas - my collection

A beautiful bird with beautiful song.
dance4rain
The Great Eagle

Shamas - my collection

Postby dance4rain » Mon May 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Time for an update on some of my Shamas. To begin with, here is Zeus (taken last week at night):

Zeus dropped his two primary feathers on 9th March 2009. Been two months already and I think he grew back all 8 inches of it :D Should be ready to try him out in competitions in another month's time. Not that I think he is a good bird, but as the saying goes about the "land of the blind and how a one eyed man becomes king" :lol:

Was in Muar yesterday (Sunday) and I dare say, Zeus would be in for some tough competitions. Well, if I pray hard enough and they don't turn up maybe got chance :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Zeus again eating a funny type of earth worm that moves like a snake. Don't know whether its good or not to feed Shamas, but there is only one way to find out :lol: (this video is rated 18SG - footage containing non excessive violence :lol: ) :

Murai Stone
Flying Bird

Re: Shamas - my collection

Postby Murai Stone » Tue May 19, 2009 9:47 am

Whoa :shock: :shock: ..Zeus sings very well,bro..he is about 5 years old ryte,bro?? was he a wild caught bird like AK47 or raised from a taimong stage,bro?? really beatiful bird.(wish Ak47 sings like Zeus)
2 shamas...
1 in KL,the other is still with me..
THis hobby has to be paused for now coz going away for further studies..
Adios'

dance4rain
The Great Eagle

Postby dance4rain » Wed May 20, 2009 3:58 am

Murai Stone wrote:was he a wild caught bird like AK47 or raised from a taimong stage,bro??

I actually do not know for sure. Was told when I bought him but can't recall now hehehe! must be getting younger :lol:

Zeus is a so-so only Shama. There are many better birds around if you visit the "chai" places and observe.

tool
Talking Birds

Postby tool » Thu May 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi Yap,

Zues is a very good bird...You should get video's of him competing to post here then people will see how good he is...
The above video is how he sings at home...Totally different when he is at the battlefield...this is the type of bird people want...at home so so only...wanna really test bring out la with other birds...I molted him & kept him untill 1 week before he got first placing in Batu Pahat..so i know him...
In the aviary during molt he was quite like a mouse....Always hiding under the feeding container.....Not too much sound untill challenged by other birds...Thats how aggresive wild birds react...Quite only,play tape straight they come out...Put trap,30secs they stuck ady...hahahaha

But beware of the muar fellows,1month+ ago few muar fellows was in KL buying all top competion birds....Willing to pay hard cash for prize taking birds...They offered my fren 4.5k for a 7" 2nd prized bird...so beware...To wat i know,they did not get the top2 birds as owner did not wanna sell no matter how much they offer...they even did not get my frens bird...But you dont have to worry,top birds here also are at the standard of Zues....

Troy

Murai Stone
Flying Bird

Postby Murai Stone » Fri May 29, 2009 7:58 am

tool, thats a good idea...people like me have never seen shamas in action at the battlefield only at magpie competions :lol: ..
2 shamas...
1 in KL,the other is still with me..
THis hobby has to be paused for now coz going away for further studies..
Adios'

dance4rain
The Great Eagle

Postby dance4rain » Sat May 30, 2009 11:33 am

Next to share is a Shama bought on 1st Feb '09. A black feet. About to finish his molt by now I think:

Back view:

Front view:

Return to “Shama - White-rumped Shama”